Our nursery is finally complete and I snapped up some pictures of it the other day. Since we have decided to not find out our baby’s gender, it was kind of fun to experiment with a color palette that didn’t seem too “girly” or too “boyish”. We decided to go with a light gray color on the walls, yellow on some accent pieces, and then pops of turquoise. It was a challenge trying to figure out how to fit all the furniture and extra storage I wanted into a small space, but I think it worked out nicely.
I made the crib skirt from fabric I found at Jo-Anne's and added a stencil decal to the wall. The pictures are from a vintage nursery rhyme book I found at a thrift store (for $1 - thank you very much!). I just bought frames from Michael's and cut the matting to fit. You can't tell from this picture, but the crib is a little bit away from the wall so if, god forbid, one of the pictures falls it won't hit little Baby Cross.
Here is a close-up of one of the pictures. Doesn't it remind you of this set of vintage nursery rhymes seen here at Restoration Hardware?
Remember that antique buffet that Matt was working on back in May? Well here it is, freshly painted with some new hardware from World Market. Gorgeous!
We also bought a mirror from Home Goods and painted it turquoise to match the nightstand and crib skirt.
We bought a new cover for the rocking chair and I found this cute little pillow at World Market. The small side table is from Home Goods (notice a theme here on the places I shop?) and we painted it white. The lamp was just sitting in my parents basement and I dyed the lamp shade yellow.
Matt installed a closet organizer system. We took the doors off and painted the back of the closet to maximize our tiny space.
Remember the nightstand you saw in an earlier post? Well this is what is looked like before. I got it at my parents neighbors yard sale for $5! After a little bit of paint and new hardware, here she is all shined up.
Buddy says, "I can't wait for you to get here Baby Cross!"
Jill, the nursery looks fabulous! You did an awesome job on it all:) Can't believe your little one arrives in a few weeks - yay!
ReplyDeleteThis room is so gorgeous! Lucky Baby! Seriously...quit your recruiting job and decorate FULL TIME.. start with my house :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am so impressed. Awesome job, guys! The stencil detail really makes it. I LOVE that you refinished furniture! It's one chic nursery. :)
ReplyDelete