Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Happy Memorial Weekend!  Isn't it funny how a three-day weekend can seem like a lifetime on a Friday afternoon, but by Monday evening you are left wondering where the weekend went?  Here's a quick little recap of what happened during our long weekend.

Matt spent the weekend working on re-finishing a buffet that belonged to my great-grandmother.  Don't you love seeing all the wood grain?

I attended a bridal shower for my soon-to-be Sister-in-Law, Michelle. 

I worked on making a crib skirt for the baby's room out of this fabric.


While Matt had a brewskie, I enjoyed this. 

Oh don't worry, it was only lemonade and pellegrino.  :)

Matt went grocery shopping and also picked up these pretty flowers for me.

We enjoyed a nice cookout with homemade cheddar burgers, potato salad, deviled eggs and a cake with chocolate berry frosting.  Oh and did I mention, I made everything from scratch?  Yes, I don't know what got into me as I normally do not cook.  I had to take a picture so we can remember the moment.


We topped the weekend off with a nice, long family walk on the trail by our house.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you and Matt had a fun Memorial Day weekend! And that cake looks really good - chocolate berry frosting, yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete