Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baby Updates

We are at 25 weeks and my due date is still scheduled for August 19th. I’m really enjoying the 2nd trimester and will be sad to see it go in less than 2 short weeks. Now that morning sickness has subsided and my energy has returned, I’m really trying to focus my efforts into getting this house and namely the nursery ready for baby. I even had Matt steam clean all the carpets in the house this past weekend! We’ve painted the nursery, bought a crib and I’m borrowing my Mom’s rocking chair that she bought when she was pregnant with me, but that’s about all I’ve done so far. Although my nursery “to-do” list is almost a mile long and I keep adding to it much to Matt’s chagrin.
Here is a picture of Ryan (circa 1983) and the vintage rocking chair I'm planning on using in the nursery 


Baby is starting to become a lot more active in my tummy and even Matt can feel the baby too! Baby had hiccups the other night and Matt wasn’t too thrilled that I wanted to share this news with him at 3:30 AM. Baby especially likes it when I play my prenatal lullabies that I downloaded to my phone and he/she moves and bounces all over the place when listening to these songs. I’m also able to see my tummy move when the baby dances to the lullabies and it really hit me that in less than 3 ½ months I’m going to be a Mom; we’re going to be parents!!


Matt and I decided that we don’t want to find out the baby’s gender and have opted to be surprised at delivery. However, I’ve been having fun taking online quizzes to predict our baby’s gender. According to most of our family and friends (Matt included) they think we are having a girl, but my Acupuncturist and the Chinese Gender predictor chart all point to a boy. Most people seem to think that it looks like I’m carrying a boy. We can’t wait to find out for sure in August!

Speaking of August, as anyone who has been due during the summer months can confirm, it seems like everyone wants to tell you how hot it’s going to be in August. In fact as soon as I let anyone know that we are due in August, I wait for “the look” to come across their face and the sad eyes telling me how very sorry they are for me because I am due during the hottest month of the year. So imagine my surprise when talking to my parent’s neighbor recently she gave me “the look” and I prepared myself to respond to the “oh-it’s-going-to-be-soooo-hot” comment and instead she said “wow you look fantastic for being due in August!” Thank you neighbor-lady, this comment has made my week!



Baby at 25 weeks
(p.s. - sneak preview of the fabric sample I'm contemplating making the crib skirt with)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that I was one of those people to give you "the look," but, man, was it hot! Any you look fantastic! Can't wait to hear about how you decorate the nursery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and you look fantastic. Love the vintage rocking chair and always think it's great to have furniture passed down from the family. Can't wait to meet him/her in August, it will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet that you are using the rocking chair that your mom had for you! And you look wonderful at 25 weeks;)

    ReplyDelete