Sunday, June 24, 2012

10 Months!

Grady is 10 months old today and yes I'm actually posting this blog on the 24th.  Wow!  I'm impressed with myself.  It obviously doesn't take much these days to impress me.  Ok, on to Grady's stats! 

Grady was bumped up to the next class up at daycare, I think they call it the Infant Room 11, and Mommy and Daddy are so excited about this because it means that we don't have to wear shoe covers or remove our shoes before we go into his room.  Like I said before, it's the little things we are excited about these days! :)  Now that we are in the new class, we are definitely getting more on a schedule with nap times, lunch, and snacks.  We follow the schedule at home and have noticed that Grady is doing really well with it!  Grady even takes about a 2 hour nap after lunch time, which he never did before (the longest nap we ever got with him was about an hour).  Grady is getting to try all sorts of new foods at school and so far he seems to like everything. 

He is babbling all the time and we've heard "dada" and "mama", but it doesn't seem like it's directed at us yet.  Although I think he is very close to saying "Dada" to Matt soon!  He likes to make a clicking sound with his tongue and has learned how to place things in a container.  We went over to Gram's and Pop Pop's house the other day and Grady just loved rolling the ball to his Uncle Justin.

If you took a good look at Grady's eyes in his 9 month pictures you will notice that he had a lot of icky stuff near it. Grady still has blocked tear ducts (he was born with them) and they get infected quite easily.  I took Grady to the Pediatric Ophthalmologist to discuss his eyes and what our next steps would be if they don't clear up.  She said that they really like to wait until babies are about a year old before they discuss any kind of surgical procedure.  The doctor said that his left eye was pretty badly blocked (which we knew since that always seems to get infected) and that his right eye was partially blocked.  She mentioned that she would like for us to continue to use antibiotic eye ointments and we need to go back in two months.  I'm praying that his tear ducts will open on their own as I cannot imagine having to go to the hospital and put my baby under anesthesia. :(










* Edited to add that Grady also waves "bye bye" and walks while holding on to our hands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment