Monday, March 5, 2012

Grady Turns 5 and 6 Months!

Well once again life happened and I'm way behind on my posts.  Between work commitments and a teething baby, January was rough!  Right around the time Grady turned 5 months old, he also gained his two bottom teeth.  He has the most adorable little two-teeth grin, but oh man - poor little guy was in a lot of pain right before they cut through.  We gave him baby motrin, teeth rings, etc., but nothing seemed to help.  At one point, Grady decided he was in too much pain and just didn't want to go to sleep.  Thankfully this occurred on a Friday night, so we had the rest of the weekend to catch up on sleep.  I'm not sure we are prepared to deal with more teething in this household. 

I love my feet!

Buddy coming over to sniff and lick Grady's feet.

I love to roll!  Out of my way Buddy or else I'll roll over you!

Just starting to sit up on his own


At 6 months old Grady is still following his same growth chart.  He is somewhat on the smaller size weight wise and is only 14 lbs and 8 1/2 ounces, however he is above average in height at 27 1/2 inches.  I explained to the doctor that both his Grandpa's and Uncles are 6'4" and we wouldn't be surprised if Grady is taller than average.  Although as long as he is healthy that's the most important thing.  Speaking of Grady's health, when I took him to the pediatrician for his well-visit last Thursday, Grady was coughing and our ped recommend that we keep him home from daycare for the next couple days and use a nebulizer.  His ped said it wasn't RSV, but that things could change and since Grady is so little, he didn't want us to take any chances.  Our ped also said that Grady could eat solids - well something more than just rice cereal.  He told us to start with green veggies first, then orange colored veggies and finally fruit. 
Such a big boy sitting up on his own!

Playing in his exercauser at 6 months old.



I love to stand (with Mommy's help)!

Trying peas for the first time at 6 months old

Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment